Tuesday, April 16, 2013

all emotions are beautiful


Of all the advice shown in this image, this is the one that intrigues me the most: All emotions are beautiful.

At the end of the day, emotions are neither beautiful nor ugly.  To state that they are beautiful is only a point of view.  It is, though, a point of view that I find interesting, if not optimistic.

In recent times, I have found myself trying to understand emotions such as fear, guilt, and shame.  I really have no idea if they are "beautiful", but I find it healthy to accept them.  And even to feel them from time to time.  Doing so is probably a path of liberation among others.

In practice, when I bring about feelings of fear, guilt, and shame and give them their just place, I am usually left conflicted.  Sooner or later though, the conflict gets resolved, and, more often than not, I end up feeling a little freer.

And that is something special.  Perhaps beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment