Monday, October 27, 2014

why i love paris (7)

On Tuesday, September 23, 2014, I went to the Ladurée bar.

You know, the bar where I struggled time and time again to kick-off Operation Bar Games for the 8th arrondissement of Paris.

This time, I was not going back there to run any operations.  I was not even going for drinks or for their famed macarons.  No, I was going there simply to draw.

As part of my "Paris par arrondissement" drawing project (in English: "Paris by arrondissement"), in which I visit a bar (or a cafe or a restaurant) in each of Paris' 20 arrondissements to make an urban sketch, I decided that for the 8th, I would choose a place that I found meaningful.

And there was only one possible choice.

Voilà.



P.S. They have the best hot chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. Hey that's a pretty realistic sketch, I could easily recognise that bar (the stools did it). Good job! Do you allow yourself a celebratory coupe of champagne when you get finished? ;)

    ReplyDelete